Saturday, August 23, 2014

Who am I

It has been a few years since I attended college, so my writing is rusty. My name is Monica Aldridge and I live in Mississippi. I graduated in 1987 from Niceville High School, located in Florida. After high school, I attended Okaloosa-Walton Community College, which is now West Florida University. During college I moved to Georgia, where I worked at T.J.Maxx for a few years. While in Georgia I met my husband and moved to Mississippi. We now have two children, Shelby and Miranda. Shelby is eighteen, and joining the navy this fall. Miranda is ten and has autism, she is in the fourth grade. I enjoy reading, cooking, and spending time with my family. About seven years ago I attended Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College for a semester, to finish my general degree. It has been difficult to go back to school, while working full time and raising a family. But my dream is to become a special education teacher. In elementary school, Ms. Simpson encouraged me not to give up but keep trying until I get it right. Because of her I want to make a difference in someone's life. I believe an educator's job is to plan lesssons, keep records, present material, evuluate, and meet professional responsilbities. By doing this they are instilling values and knowledge for the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment