Sunday, October 26, 2014

Blog Post 10

What Can We Learn From Mrs. Cassidy?

In the videos Interview with Kathy Cassidy Part 1 Part 2, and Part 3 I learned that Mrs. Cassidy uses computers, Ipads, Blogger and Twitter to teach her first grade students. Using Twitter Mrs. Cassidy learns new ideas to help improve her teaching methods. By using a class blog the parents and students can see what is happening in the classroom.The students can log into the class blog and find links to websites that are safe to use. Each student writes on their blog at least once a week, depending on how much work they have.  After seeing someone post a comment to their post the students get excited. Watching the video Little Kids...Big Potential showed that the students really enjoy using technology in the classroom. They get to make videos, talk to people from all over the world by using Skype, and each students has their own webpage for their class assignments. Watching these videos I think I will have my students create their own webpages to put their assignments on.  I will  use a class blog so parents can see what the class is working on. As for individual blogs, I think it depends on how many students and teacher aids there are before we can use them. The downside of the internet you have to be careful what sites you log into for security reasons. To help protect the students from predators I will have the students create avatars and only use their first names. I will not put names or any information when posting pictures online,  When finding sites for them to use, I will check them out first and guide the students through them. I think the students will enjoy doing these activities because they create their own websites and they learn to work with each other.

2 comments:

  1. Monica,
    I agree, the safety of our students online is very important. I really like your idea of creating avatars instead of posting pictures. Students could also create their own username so that they would not have to post their own name. This will help protect them and let them be creative. Good post.
    Julie Jones

    ReplyDelete